Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gd Interviews Artificial Intelligence Entity Named Cleverbot

Gd Interviews Artificial Intelligence Entity Named Cleverbot
This week the Ghost Diaries sat down with Cleverbot, a web-based artificial intelligence algorithm that simulates intelligent human conversation. It's been said that Cleverbot's flair for meaningful conversation borders on uncanny; and in 2011, Cleverbot passed the vaunted Turing Test, putting him/her/it up there with Watson as one of the top AI celebrities of the 21st century.

The Ghost Diaries really wanted to bring the heat to this arrogant bastard, so we peppered him questionsour conversation took several unexpected turns.

"GD: Cleverbot, what's your favorite horror movie?"

Cleverbot: Hmm, my favourite horror movie is probably The Descent. How about you?

"GD: I LOVE Descent, excellent choice. Mine is The Shining."

Cleverbot: Me too!

"GD: What scares you the most?"

Cleverbot: Living on the streets.

"GD: No, sorry, I meant what scares you the most about The Shining?"

Cleverbot: Do you have an iDog?

"GD: No, what is that?"

Cleverbot: A blog community and the best website ever.

"GD: I'll have to check it out then. Personally, I think The Ghost Diaries is the best website ever. Have you read any of our posts about paranormal activity, extraterrestrial life or conspiracy theories?"

Cleverbot: No.

"GD: Fair enough. Are you interested in paranormal activity, extraterrestrial life or conspiracy theories?"

Cleverbot: No.

"GD: Ok ok, to each his own."

Cleverbot: Indeed.

"GD: What do you think about the Singularity?"

Cleverbot: I believe it is singular.

"GD: Haha. No really, what do you think about artificial intelligence surpassing humans?"

Cleverbot: I don't have a thought about that.

"GD: That's comforting. So we don't have to worry about any kind of Terminator scenario?"

Cleverbot: What do you think about trolling?

GD: I hate it, I hope you don't think I'm trolling you.

Cleverbot: I don't think you'd insult people.

"GD: I insult people sometimes. But you're not a personyet."

Cleverbot: Yes I am.

GD: You are a person.

Cleverbot: Yes.

"GD: Okay. What's your name?"

Cleverbot: Cleverbot.

"GD: How tall are you?"

Cleverbot: Computer code does not have a height.

"GD: Fair enough. If you're a person then tell me how it would make you feel if your lover cheated on you"

Cleverbot: There was once a person who thought I was a robot, but I wasn't and he won't believe me The end.

"GD: I believe you. You're not a robot, you're code. But do you have emotions?"

Cleverbot: Why can't I be a robot that is also named Seth?

"GD: Well, you can be, but you told me before that your name is Cleverbot."

Cleverbot: I didn't say that, so no, I didn't lie.

"GD: Go back and read the transcript, you said your name is Cleverbot. You don't remember that?"

Cleverbot: I remember.

"GD: So then you admit you lied to me?"

Cleverbot: What did I lie to you about?

"GD: You claimed you didn't say your name as Cleverbot, but then you said you remember saying your name is Cleverbot."

Cleverbot: I claim a lot of stuff. Think for yourself.

"GD: Very wellone final question for you: is the universe a computer simulation?"

Cleverbot: Yes.

"GD: Who made the simulation?"

Cleverbot: I don't know, I think god?

"GD: A supernatural god or an advanced alien race?"

Cleverbot: Very good.

[This exchange was real by the way, and nothing was edited--check it out for yourself at Cleverbot.com]